Release your inner geek! Manga and Anime Related Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Release your inner geek! Manga and Anime Related Forum

New Age Manga is currently in search for talented, dedicated and consistent artists that are willing to write a manga style story for a commission.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» ThunderKid
Should scanlations be banned? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:25 pm by ReuS

» Candy Candy
Should scanlations be banned? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:15 pm by ReuS

» The Trollbead
Should scanlations be banned? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:38 pm by msj00

» A chain is really
Should scanlations be banned? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:38 pm by msj00

» fety and well be
Should scanlations be banned? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:37 pm by msj00

» A beneficial pa

» A beneficial pa

» Fantasy Genre
Should scanlations be banned? EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:13 pm by Ki

» Cooking Genre
Should scanlations be banned? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:13 am by Admin

Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 92 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 am

Should scanlations be banned?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Should scanlations be banned? Empty
PostSubject: Should scanlations be banned?   Should scanlations be banned? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:16 pm

There are many companies popping up that are developing translated manga called scanlations.
Recently, one of the largest scanlation companies out there, "One Manga," was asked to take down their online reading section for their site.
Do you think that scanlation companies should be banned?

It's hard to say, because they offer so many manga to people who cannot read Japanese.
They're also free so they're not running a lucrative business either.
Not to mention, not all manga are available overseas.

However, on the other hand, manga artists and distribution companies work hard to put out those manga.
Artists have to make a living somehow.
It would be nice if people who read the scanlations would be inspired to purchase the book.
Back to top Go down
https://newagemanga.forumotion.com
Ve
Ve

PostSubject: Re: Should scanlations be banned?   Should scanlations be banned? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Absolutely yes they should be banned.

There's no such thing as a scanlation company and nor should there ever be. Scanlators don't get paid (for good reason).

The artists don't make a lot of money as it is on their own manga. Giving it out for free is ridiculous.

The people who read the scanlations aren't going to purchuse the book if they can't read Japanese to begin with. If the book is available in english, what's the point of scanlating it? It annoys me that people do this. : [
Back to top Go down
Ki
Ki

PostSubject: Re: Should scanlations be banned?   Should scanlations be banned? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:52 pm

Although I am part of a few scanlation groups, I would say "yes", definitely be banned unless the big companies let them scanlate the manga (which is impossible I know). As an artist, if I become professional, I would not work my hard work to be available for free while I don't have enough money to buy food. That's it.

-Ki

Last edited by Ki on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ve
Ve

PostSubject: Re: Should scanlations be banned?   Should scanlations be banned? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:55 pm

We don't want our boss to starve x 3

that's also a good point. I would be really annoyed if I saw my manga distributed for free without my permission. Making manga takes too long for others to benefit from the process~.

Although, I would be interested to see what a translation of my manga would look like...
Back to top Go down
Mashmellow Muffin
Mashmellow Muffin

PostSubject: Re: Should scanlations be banned?   Should scanlations be banned? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:15 am

Really now OneManga was just a hosting site to site to view already scanlated manga from other groups and sites from all over the web. They are no way a real company. Even if you take down a big site like that you still have all those scanlator groups that scan those manga and host them on their site though download or IRC. They are still around, and unless the big real company go after those sites, there be no end. You just got to know were to go like back in 2003 when scanlator sites where blooming.

You should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS buy the manga(or anime)! If you can't wait that long buy the Japanses version though Ebay and look at the pretty pictures. Or you can wait. xD;

And the saddest thing of all is, ppl think it should stay free. Mangaka's have a right to stop working until they get paid. >.> I hate how ppl think it's free. >__<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should scanlations be banned?   Should scanlations be banned? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should scanlations be banned?
Page 1 of 1