Release your inner geek! Manga and Anime Related Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Release your inner geek! Manga and Anime Related Forum

New Age Manga is currently in search for talented, dedicated and consistent artists that are willing to write a manga style story for a commission.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» ThunderKid
Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:25 pm by ReuS

» Candy Candy
Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:15 pm by ReuS

» The Trollbead
Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:38 pm by msj00

» A chain is really
Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:38 pm by msj00

» fety and well be
Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:37 pm by msj00

» A beneficial pa
Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:37 pm by msj00

» A beneficial pa

» Fantasy Genre
Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:13 pm by Ki

» Cooking Genre
Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:13 am by Admin

Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 92 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 am

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mashmellow Muffin
Mashmellow Muffin

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper Empty
PostSubject: Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper   Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Since a lot of beginner or even ppl who do have some manga up have this problem I thought this thread may help. ^_^;

How dose one get ideas down on paper. You have drive, story, characters the work.... But how do you start? I'm here to try my best to help you out.

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper Muffinlook2

Here’s a good way to start. Make a short summery of what you would like to go on in the first chapter then make a page limit for it. Sine it’s the first chapter it should be a little bit longer then most other chapters. So try and get enough basic info for your story to fill in the page count.

Now that you got an idea of what’s going on you can now find a climax.

Finding a climax: a major event in the story you know where you want to go. Mainly in the first chapter of mangas you get to know the character and how they are. So think of it as a good chance for the reader to try and get in the characters shoes. Then add in the elements of what was in your short chapter 1 summery and bring them in a way to lead to the finally major event.

Example: Here’s a chart. I use this kind of formula a lot.
Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper Info7

See in chapter one as it’s kind of steady at first then it gets higher up to the point the climax. And in chapter 2 is on a high still from chapter 1 and you bring that kind of down eating to know what’s happening. After that it’s all you and your story. What do you have planed for your characters? XD

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper Info9
Me? I like to use this for much bigger things like a whole story arc. That way I know the events in each chapter will have a point leading to the main climax in that story arc.

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper Muffinlook7
I don’t recommend this way of making a chapter but it’s kind of fun doing it this way. Head diving right into the story by drawing right from your thoughts. Doing it this way can lead to being a little miss directed. So here’s what you do.

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper Info2
You make 3 different versions of the storyboards doing it that way. Doing this can give you an idea on where you want to go and refine what you want to for the story as well. You could also combine what you the storyboards into a chapter that will work.

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper Info1
Wha?! Don’t know how to make a Name(storyboard) cause you don’t know how to make panels?! It’s quite simple friends! Use 3 base panels then go wild. How dose this work? Simple once again!~~~

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper Info3
The first pic shows they used 3 panels but changed where they where placed. The second pic shows they broke up the first base panel into 3 different panels. Base panel 2 and 3 are kind of combined yet they look like they aren’t . (I fail at explaining stuff. ^^;; )

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper Info8
This one is tricky. It doesn’t go by the base 3 rule but it still looks good right? Well, that cause the 3 base “rule” is just for starting out. To get a hang of paneling. Giving what’s going on in the story got to think where bigger or smaller panels make since. The bigger the panel the more you what the reader to look at it. Smaller the panel the less important it is.

All right, I think that’s all I have for now . XD; If anyone wants to add something in that would be awesome! (I fail at explaining things. @_@'" )
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper   Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Great tutorial! I especially like your tip on paneling.
Back to top Go down
https://newagemanga.forumotion.com

Making manga for starters: Putting it all on paper
Page 1 of 1